PS3-Cracked
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noobs Jailbreaking Guide

Go down

Noobs Jailbreaking Guide Empty Noobs Jailbreaking Guide

Post by The_Gazra Mon May 07, 2012 6:01 pm

If you have arrived at this post then it means your are new to the scene or simply do not understand whats what.

So i will explain it all to you as simply as I can.

So you have a PS3 and have no idea on how to jailbreak it, well first of all we need to find out what Firmware your PS3 is running.

To do this go to you PS3 XMB and scroll to the left until you come to "Settings" Now when your in the Settings menu scroll down to "System Settings" When this menu opens you need to again scroll down to "System Information".

When you choose that option you will be presented with a new window looking like this.

Noobs Jailbreaking Guide Screen000

The top line is what we are most interested in here.

If it says system software is less than 3.55 then your good to jailbreak straight away without a worry,

If your unfortunate and it is higher than 3.55 you will need to downgrade your PS3 with a hardware flasher.

Click here for tutorials on how to downgrade with a hardware flasher.

So back to the topic on hand.

Your PS3 is at 3.55 or under so what do you do next?

Well you will need a couple of items at your disposal which are listed here.

1. A USB device formatted to FAT32
2. A Computer/Laptop with a internet connection

So once we have these items we are good to go.

First of all insert your USB device into your Computer and open it up so that you can see the contents of it which if you have formatted it will be empty.

First off create a new folder and name it "PS3" without the quotes.

Then we need to open the folder and create another new folder named "UPDATE" again without the quotes.

Now we have this all ready for the PS3 we just the Firmware that we are wanting to use.

For this tutorial we will be using Kmeaw 3.55 Patched PUP Which allows all homebrew to be installed and used along with support for backup managers.

For those that are a little scared incase they think this is a fake or something here are all the check sums for you to check with.

3.55 Kmeaw Firmware

One of the best 3.55 CFWs and first which support all PKGs and all ELFs.

CRC32 - 95D7ED40
MD5 -2BE5E87A22BF1E7F48E98FCABD38977B
SHA - F83444560221FFBA4ED0E0689FBC2CF993DC64EC
SAH2-512 - 11F0DC46EA751772B45665F1076DF28A358F3C90CE878B511A5B125FEF8AD253889718931998E9F8B07C7C78569E9EF40DF9B6777B8E4158F10C6A71DCEE34F2

Please feel free to download the "Custom Firmware Validator" to check these again.

Now that we have downloaded the Firmware we are good to proceed to the next step.

(PLEASE NOTE I HAVE CHECKED THE FIRMWARE FILE AGAINST ALL MD5 CHECKS AND IT MATCHES UP PERFECTLY THIS IS SAFE TO USE)

First off we need to open the USB file viewer again and open the folders we already created "PS3" and then "UPDATE" inside the Update folder we will be placing the Firmware file you have just downloaded.

DO NOT CHANGE THE FILENAME IT MUST STAY AS "PS3UPDAT.PUP"

Once this has copied on to your device you simply remove the device from your computer and place it in the PS3 preferably into the USB port closest to the Blu Ray Drive For those of you that don't no which one i am on about it is the one on the FAR RIGHT of the consoles front.

When that has been plugged in you simply turn on the PS3 and scroll to "Settings" when you have made it there scroll up to "System Update"

Noobs Jailbreaking Guide 01-menu-system-update

After which you will have a new screen appear asking you which method you would like to update by.

DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT CHOOSE INTERENT

The option that you want is "Update via storage media" The USB drive will then be scanned. If you get an error that no update file was found, ensure that the folder structure is correct.

PS3->UPDATE->PS3UPDAT.PUP

Noobs Jailbreaking Guide 02-upd10

Wait for the file to be copied and the PS3 should reboot automatically (leave the USB drive plugged in during this time.

When the PS3 has started up again you should be presented with a screen showing the version of the system software ready to install. Press the PS button to continue. Wait for the “Checking for update data” to complete and accept the user agreement.

Press X button to confirm the installation then the update will be installed and the PS3 should be rebooted!

The_Gazra
Admin

https://ps3cracked.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum